CIMA Professional qualification
The CIMA Chartered Management Accounting
Qualification is a professional level qualification. You must first complete the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting or claim exemptions from a relevant degree.
There are three levels which must be completed in order:
- Operational Level (P1, E1, F1 and Operational Level Case Study)
- Management Level (P2, E2, F2 and Management Level Case Study)
- Strategic Level (P3, E3, F3 and Strategic Level Case Study)
To become fully qualified you must pass all the exams and complete three years relevant work experience.
Each level within the CIMA Professional Qualification is made up of three computer based exams followed by an integrated case study exam.
- Computer based exams – these can be sat at any time and comprise a mix of multiple choice and objective test style questions. The pass mark is 70% and they are 90 minutes duration.
- Case study exams – there are four sittings per year in February, May, August and November. They are 3 hours duration and you must score 80 out of 150, plus achieve competency in 5 key syllabus areas.