CIMA New Syllabus: Key dates
Firstly, the key dates to remember are:
- 4th November was the first day you were able to sit an objective test (OT) exam under the CIMA 2019 syllabus.
- The November 2019 Case study sitting will be the last case study exam under the 2015 syllabus for first attempts. However, those who attempt the November case study and are not successful will be able to resit under the 2015 syllabus in February 2020.
- Therefore, February 2020 Case study sitting is the first case study sitting under the CIMA 2019 syllabus.
CIMA have revamped the syllabus to ensure that finance professionals remain relevant in an ever-evolving technological world. There is therefore a bigger focus on digital skills and technology know-how in the new syllabus, designed to improve students’ digital literacy.
The “Enterprise” papers have seen the most significant changes in the CIMA 2019 syllabus. For example, E1 has undergone a major overhaul, now entitled “Managing Finance in a Digital World”. Moreover, this makes up around 60% of the syllabus. CIMA have recommended that students start each level under the new syllabus with the Enterprise paper.
CIMA’s summary of the key changes can be found here for specific information on each paper.
Advice and next steps
We have a range of flexible study options available at FI, to allow you to get your studies off to the very best start. FI offers classroom courses across a network of study centres, online live or online courses to suit you.
Our team of expert tutors are on hand to help you every step of the way. So, if you find yourself a little unsure what to do next, please get in touch.
New CIMA syllabus, new opportunity.
Study your new level with CIMA Unlimited.
Join a complete programme of study and support for the CIMA 2019 new syllabus. We have designed CIMA Unlimited to provide everything you need to complete your next level.
- Receive unlimited access to any online CIMA course from FI, for one set price.
- Access both our Online Live or Online courses for every paper at that level
- Receive a 20% discount on any FI in centre classroom courses you attend.
Learn more about CIMA Unlimited here.