First Intuition is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we obtain certain information from you by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- First Intuition will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
- First Intuition collects personal data when an online enquiry is submitted, on enrolment for First Intuition Study Online, or when a student enrols or is enrolled by their employer on First Intuition courses or when study materials or book computer-based examinations are ordered.
- To process your enquiries and orders, First Intuition collects name, email and postal addresses, contact phone number, and, if applicable, company and type of business, and training manager’s name and email address. Learners may be asked for their date of birth and professional body registration number as well as credit or debit card information for payment.
First Intuition may use postal and email addresses to send information relating to a learner’s studies or to make a learner aware of related goods and services provided by First Intuition. First Intuition may also use personal information to communicate with the professional bodies regarding examination status. First Intuition does not disclose personal details to any third party. If a learner does not wish First Intuition to contact them by post or email then they can opt out by emailing or writing.
We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to First Intuition in the course of dealing with you.
To fulfil your booking, we will need to share your data with our cloud-based databases (our booking system, online learning platform, CRM system and supplier of study materials).
If your employer is paying for your courses, we will share your data, course attendance, course feedback and test results with your employer.
For results service procedures we will also share your data with the relevant institution (AAT, ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW).
When submitting course exams, we may also share your personal data with external markers.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with First Intuition’s procedures.
Security of Data
All personal details are held on a secure server so that all details are protected from unauthorised use, modification or disclosure. The padlock symbol in the web browser that means that industry-standard secure server software (SSL) is in place to encrypt any information that is sent. This ensures the safe processing of credit/debit card details when online orders are placed. First Intuition does not currently store any financial details (debit/credit card numbers).
Retaining and deleting personal data
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
For Further details please see our Data Retention Policy.
First Intuition may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3 May 2018.
Under GDPR, EU data subjects are entitled to exercise the following rights:
- Right of Access: Find out what kind of personal information is held about you and get a copy of this information.
- Right of Rectification: Ask for your information to be updated or corrected.
- Right to Data Portability: Receive a copy of the information which you have provided under contract so that you can provide that information to another organization.
- Right to Restrict Use: Ask for your personal information to stop being used in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information about you is incorrect or the use is unlawful.
- Right to Object: Objecting to use of your information (where a party is processing it on legitimate interest basis) and to have your personal information deleted.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you may also have your personal information deleted.
Data Subject Access Procedure
First Intuition at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
Data subjects are entitled to obtain:
- Confirmation as to whether First Intuition is processing any personal data about that individual;
- Access to their personal data;
- Any related information.
For Further details please see our Data Subject Access Procedure.
Requests are made using the Subject Access Request Record.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we do not have any control over the third-party website and they would have their own privacy policies. Therefore, we would no longer be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party websites.
As mentioned above, First Intuition will only use information to send information relevant to a learner’s studies. If a learner prefers not to receive such information they should write to The Data Controller at First Intuition, County House, Conway Mews, London, W1T 6AA or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide opt-out options in all direct marketing emails.
First Intuition has registered as a Data Controller with the United Kingdom Information Commissioner.