What does this mean for CIMA students?
In our opinion, there has never a better time for CIMA students to progress with their studies.
This news comes after the majority of CIMA exam centres have been forced to close over the past few weeks. Nevertheless, the closures were necessary for the safety and wellbeing of all staff and students, following guidance from governments around the world.
Many CIMA students got in touch with CIMA saying that they want to make the best of their available time to progress their qualification. Consequently, CIMA have been working hard to ensure there is minimal disruption to students.
CIMA exams will now be available to sit at home, using Pearson Vue testing software. This video explains how objective tests will work if you choose to take an exam remotely:
How will CIMA exams work?
- The format of CIMA exams will remain the same although will contain some additional functionality specific to remote testing requirements such as the ability to allow students to contact invigilators during the exam
- The exams will maintain their high levels of security, reliability and fairness using a proctor (an online invigilator)
- CIMA will be using Pearson’s OnVUE system for objective tests. See video above or read our article more information
- You can view a practice exam here.
- May 2020 case study exams will be delivered at home using established testing software through Pearson Vue
- CIMA have confirmed you will be able to use a physical calculator from their approved list. Please visit the CIMA FAQ page for more detail on this.
Key exam dates:
- Certificate of Business Accounting and Professional Qualification objective test exams will commence remote testing on Monday 4 May 2020.
- Professional Qualification case study exams will take pace per the original exam schedule.
- The exam booking service is now open – you are able to book exams online or over the phone. CIMA have assured us that there is sufficient capacity but they are experiencing high call volumes so please be patient when working through the booking process.
- UK Apprenticeships L4 and L7 EPA1 exams confirmation will be sent week commencing 13th April.
Where can I find more information?
For further information on CIMA exams, please visit the CIMA website for FAQs.
You may have a lot of questions and CIMA do recognise that this solution may not work for everyone. However, in contrast to the approach taken by other institutes, this solution to exams allows as many of you as possible to progress with your CIMA studies.
Above all, we strongly encourage students to continue with studies as planned where personal circumstances allow for this.