Sitting CIMA Exams Remotely
Update 7th January 2021:
Further to the recent announcements made by the UK and Scottish governments, Pearson VUE test centres in England and Scotland are now closed for CIMA exams while the lockdown is in place. These closures are necessary for the safety and wellbeing of all staff and students.
CIMA online exams have been running successfully since May 2020 and are available for all exams. While the lockdown continues this is the only option available. The feedback we have had from our students is very positive so we encourage students to book a remote exam as soon as they are ready.
In our opinion, there has never a better time for CIMA students to progress with their studies.
How does remote testing work?
CIMA exams are now available to sit at home, using Pearson VUE testing software. This video explains how objective tests will work if you choose to take an exam remotely:
How can I sit a CIMA exam?
- The format of the exams will remain the same but will contain some additional functionality specific to remote testing requirements such as the ability to allow students to contact invigilators during the exam
- The exams will maintain their high levels of security, reliability and fairness using a proctor (an online invigilator)
- CIMA will be using Pearson’s OnVUE system for objective tests. See video above or read our article more information
- You can view a practice exam here.
- Case study exams will be delivered at home using established testing software through Pearson Vue
- CIMA have confirmed you will be able to use a physical calculator from their approved list. Please visit the CIMA FAQ page for more detail on this.
“The online proctoring is a really simple process. When you go to complete your exam, you can login up to half an hour before. I’d recommend to use all this time.
The exam has a separate whiteboard. It is just like MS paint and allows you to draw a box to write text in so I found this useful. Opening and closing this was very simple and text remains on the board as you move through questions. I’d recommend doing some timed practice questions using MS paint as preparation.
Overall you’ll probably have more time to prepare than I did and I passed so don’t be daunted by it.”
Mikey, CIMA P2 Online Live student
How do I book a CIMA exam?
The exam booking service is now open – you are able to book exams online or over the phone. CIMA have assured us that there is sufficient capacity but they are experiencing high call volumes so please be patient when working through the booking process.
Where can I find more information?
For further information on CIMA exams, please visit the CIMA website for FAQs.
You may have a lot of questions and CIMA do recognise that this solution may not work for everyone. However, in contrast to the approach taken by other institutes, this solution to exams allows as many of you as possible to progress with your CIMA studies.
Above all, we strongly encourage students to continue with studies as planned where personal circumstances allow for this.