Our top tips for making you feel more prepared for your ACCA exam:
- Make a study plan: Set aside specific time each day or week to study for your exam. Break down the material into manageable chunks and focus on one topic at a time. Remember to take regular tea/coffee/hot chocolate/squash etc breaks, your brain needs a rest!
- Identify your weaknesses: Take a practice exam or go through past exams to identify the areas where you struggle the most. Then, focus on studying those areas more thoroughly. This might sound obvious when you think about it, but it’ll really help you focus on the areas where you need more help.
- Practice with past papers: Familiarise yourself with the format and types of questions that may be asked on the exam by practicing with past papers. This can help you identify areas where you may need more practice. They allow you to mimic the real exam experience under timed conditions, with exam standard questions. Students that have attempted mock exams go into the real exam with better technique and also an improved sense of how much time is available. No surprises on the big day!
- Studying ACCA Online? Standalone Online Marked Mocks and Online Self-Marked Mocks are available to purchase for all ACCA Skills level and ACCA Strategic Professional level papers. Both the Marked and Self-Marked mock exams are designed to complement your tuition and revision courses, allowing you to attempt an extra mock exam with marking and written feedback (Marked mocks) and marking only (Self-Marked Mocks).
- Get clued up about the Do’s and Don’ts: Listen to top tips from resident FI Podcasters, Ben and Dave, about how to prepare for the final 24 hours before your exam. While you’re there, why not dive into the back catalogue of podcasts.
Remember, feeling unprepared is normal, it’s okay to not feel ready at first. Don’t let it discourage you. Keep working hard and stay positive. With the right approach and effort, you can increase your readiness and improve your chances of success.
Visit the FI Hub for more exclusive tips and updates from First Intuition.
Looking for more ways to boost your mental health and wellbeing? Visit our Mental Health Resources section on the FI Hub.