Starting Friday the 26th of June, our Employer webinar will be shifting their focus to become First Intuition Think Tank forums.
Out with – Friday employer forum qualification updates
Since the start of lockdown, we have been using these weekly forums to communicate the ongoing changes in the exam situation for each of the main accounting awarding bodies. So much has happened since March. We, therefore, have a ‘real-time’ blog. This contains a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of where the AAT, ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW qualifications each stand.
The pace of change with exams is thankfully slowing. However, it is clear that in the current situation a number of issues have emerged that are affecting employers in a way that they haven’t in the past. We particularly see issues around the impact of increased levels of remote working.
In with – First Intuition Think Tank (FITT) Friday forums
In recent weeks we have talked to a number of employers and conducted surveys. These have highlighted 6 or 7 key issues that seem to be causing most concern. We’ll be addressing these in future 1 pm Friday forum sessions. In order to allow for in-depth consideration of each issue, we will be ‘pairing up’ two Fridays in a row to focus on the same topic. We are commissioning dedicated content such as Insight Reports and blog series. We have also arranged a series of expert speakers to join us to share their experiences and point us to real-world case studies.
As in the past, our new Think Tank forums will be recorded and sent out to those registered.
If you or any relevant colleagues haven’t already registered and would like to attend any of the forums live, or receive a recording plus links to any content we produce, you can click the button below to register:
FITT Fortnight #2 – Remote Management of Junior staff
Many trainees have been furloughed in recent weeks, and often not always for lack of work. The challenges of delegating to and supervising inexperienced staff who are working remotely are considerable. With a winding down of the furlough scheme and new intakes due in the Autumn, this is an issue a lot of employers are now keen to address. If you need any reassurance or advice on the subject of remote management of junior staff the FITT Friday forum will be the place to be for the next two weeks.
- 1 pm on Friday 10th July – First Intuition will be discussing the content of our latest Insight Report into this topic. We will also be joined by C-J Green, Co-Founder and Executive Director of BraveGoose. She’ll be sharing her expertise and giving us some practical tips.
- 1 pm on Friday 17th July – we will be joined by Dyfrig Jenkins, Director at YOU.DEVELOPMENT LTD. He’ll be sharing his advice and best practice. We will also be inviting insight specialists from AAT, ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW to provide their own tips for employers.
Previous FITT Fortnight – Remote Onboarding and Inducting of New Staff
During our first First Intuition Think Tank (FITT) fortnight, we discussed the topic of Remote Onboarding, a hot topic for many employers. We were delighted to be joined by Felix Mitchell, Founder and Director at Instant Impact and Will Dempsey, Global Talent Acquisition Lead at AstraZeneca. They shared their own experiences of remote onboarding and gave insights into best practice in this area. In our second session on this topic, we were also joined by representatives from the AAT, ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW who provided an industry-specific perspective on this subject. You can find out more about this topic, watch the recording of the sessions and find useful links in this article.
Future FITT Fortnights
Over the next 3 months we will cover the following topics in a similar way:
- 24th and 31st July – Returning to the workplace. On 24 July at 1 pm Barnaby Clark and Lizzie Duckworth from COEL, the commercial design and fit out company, will be talking about the look and style of workplaces in the future as Government safeguarding guidelines have to be implemented and why having a communal workplace is still vital to both employees and companies.
- 7th and 14th August – Maintaining a ‘team ethos’ when working at home
- 21st and 28th August – Delivering internal training remotely
- 4th and 11th September – Remote recruitment, candidate attraction and selection