Matrix Accreditation for FI Chelmsford
FI Chelmsford was recently assessed against the matrix standard and achieved accreditation. But what is the matrix standard and why is it so important for education providers?
The Matrix Standard and Accreditation.
The matrix standard is used by the Department of Education to ensure the delivery of high-quality information, advice, and/or guidance (IAG). It is an international quality standard covering organisations that deliver IAG as their sole purpose or as part of their service. Any organisation which manages, administers, and delivers an information, advice, and/or guidance service to support individuals in their choice of career, learning, work, or life goals can become accredited to the matrix Standard.
What did the assessor look at as part of our assessment?
As part of our recent accreditation, the assessor reviewed a number of areas within our provision. This included:
- The materials we provide to our students.
- Resources we have created such as the podcast, website articles, and information for school leavers about careers.
- Our use of technology to help learners review and monitor their progress and further their learning.
- How we monitor a learner’s progress throughout their studies and review this with them on a regular basis.
- Feedback from employers, partners, and learners.
- How we deliver information, advice, and guidance to local schools and potential learners.
- Our strategy for continuous development.
Key Outcomes from our Matrix Accreditation.
The assessment identified a number of strengths which can be summarised as follows:
- Leadership & Management – a supportive leadership structure was cited as a strength. The assessment also highlighted that as a small organisation, we also benefit from being part of a larger franchise group.
- Partners describe FI Chelmsford as ‘amazing’ and ‘responsive’. Our access to several central services such as Learner Management Information Systems and our partnerships with local schools were highlighted.
- Both our physical and online resources were identified as a strength. Staff knowledge/experience of our sector, our central location and fully equipped training rooms were highlighted. The resources learners have access to online to support their learning were also considered a strength.
- Our staff were recognised as having relevant finance and training experience. We also have staff members who can guide the team in understanding what a good learner journey looks like.
- Our use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) was also identified as a strength. In particular, the platform we use to manage information and our online revision, learner webinars, and podcasts, were highlighted.
- Finally, our Quality Assurance Strategy was recognised as a strength. Our assessment of our own provision and our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and learner feedback were all highlighted.
Feedback on FI Chelmsford from our network
When interviewed by the assessor, here’s what our students said:
“FI Chelmsford have supported me to retain my motivation and get me over the line.”
“Staff have supported me with personal issues.”
“I feel much more confident with my communication and leadership skills.”
“I have progressed from a junior staff member to delivering presentations at board meetings.”
“If I need additional guidance, I can arrange a support call.”
“I have received some great advice from the team.”
“The free revision resources are fantastic and available to everyone via Facebook.”
“I have already recommended FI Chelmsford to friends and family.”
“I failed an exam and was given various options to catch up.”
“I like the smaller class sizes, and the staff are really approachable.”
Our employers and partners were equally complimentary:
“We have the same aim and values, wanting learners to do well.”
“Our go-to accountancy training provider they are so responsive.
“It’s the first time we have used FI Chelmsford; we like the idea of a more local provider with smaller classes who seem to be more invested in our apprentices.”
“The whole enrolment process has been seamless.”
“We are currently utilising the free recruitment service, which is brilliant.”
“FI Chelmsford is my first port of call for career advice in accounting for our students; they are amazing.”
“FI Chelmsford is one of our strongest providers; they are really invested in learner achievements.
“Quality of provision is amazing.”
“Our partnership is vital and works to benefit both organisations.”
“We use each other as a trusted sounding board.”
Outcomes of Student Survey
As part of the assessment, the assessor also looked at our recent student survey and drew out the following points to support our accreditation:
• 97% of apprentices confirmed they know what they need to do to progress in their apprenticeship
• 90% of apprentices felt there are things they can do now that they couldn’t do before as a result of their apprenticeship
• 97% of apprentices confirmed they could identify how the apprenticeship helps them in their role and future career plans
• 88% of apprentices confirmed they had had the opportunity to discuss career progression
• 100% of apprentices would recommend FI Chelmsford as a training provider.
Visit FI Chelmsford’s homepage to find out more about what we do and the resources we provide.
Alternatively, head to FI Hub for more exclusive news and tips.