The webinar began with a wider round-up of news from our industry. The following updates were provided by David and Gareth:
- The ACCA has cancelled the June exam sitting. Students who had booked an exam for this sitting will receive a credit on their account and will need to rebook for September. The booking for September will not happen automatically.
- Some students who are awaiting March results and had an exam booked for June are experiencing problems booking for the September sitting. The ACCA are in the process of bulk cancelling exams booked for June, so that students may book for September instead.
- CIMA have announced that online exams will allow students to sit at home from May. Dates will be confirmed during w/c 6th April and the method of examination will be confirmed as soon as it is finalised.
- Furloughing of employees is happening within our industry and some apprentices are being offered this route.
- The ESFA have confirmed that furloughed apprentices are still able to continue with their studying and their ‘Off the Job’ learning during this time.
- Non-levy employers were advised to familiarise themselves with the Apprenticeship Service which is now being used to access funding for apprentices working for SME’s. The FI team are on hand to help with this transition and answer any questions.
Update from the AAT
- The AAT are operating a ‘business as usual’ approach in terms of support
- Assessments are temporarily suspended but results from sittings prior to the 22nd of March will be released in line with the original timescales.
- Assessments will resume as and when government advice allows.
- Elements of apprentices EPA’s can continue to be assessed remotely.
- Apprentices are advised to continue to work on their Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours with the support of their employers.
- This is a good time for many apprentices to focus on their portfolio.
- AAT students will continue to receive their weekly newsletter from the organisation and can make use of the online study resources available on their website.
- Employers can contact the dedicated employer team with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org
Update from the ICAEW
- The ICAEW’s aim is to ensure any changes allow employers to have fully qualified and competent staff at the end of their training.
- They are investing in technology to create future solutions. These will need to meet the requirements of the regulatory body.
- Dates for the August sitting will be confirmed by the end of this week but are likely to take place between the 24th and 26th of August with results released on the 2nd of October. N.B these dates are not confirmed.
- For those who were planning to sit an exam, mocks and questions banks continue to be available.
- Remote proctoring for the certificate level exams were originally planned for 2021 but the ICAEW are now working to make these available as soon as possible.
- Case study advance information will be released on the planned date in June to enable students to prepare for the case study exam now being held in August.
- CABA is available to support students, members and their families. This includes emotional and financial support and advice.
- The qualification will continue to require the current level of work experience, as this is a regulated qualification but this will be reviewed should the situation continue in the longer term.
- Contacts for the ICAEW are email@example.com and Laurabarber@icaew.com
Our bi-weekly webinars will continue every Tuesday and Friday at 1 pm. If you would like to join us, please register your interest using this link