The new qualification, Q2022, does a great job of striking a balance between retaining the AAT’s robust technical grounding, whilst introducing increased business awareness and commercial focus. Ensuring students are prepared for effective roles in the evolving business environment.
There are four new ‘themes’ throughout all levels; technology, communication, ethics, and sustainability. Students will build on their existing knowledge as they progress through the qualification. Level 2 will introduce a topic, Level 3 will expand on it, and Level 4 will put it into practice.
What you need to know about Q2022
- The first registration date for Q2022 is 1 September 2022
- Q2022 has fewer exam modules, but some bigger individual units (Level 3 financial accounting and Level 4 advanced management accounting)
- There is less repetition of content between levels so a solid grasp of core level 2 knowledge is important to success in levels 3 and 4
- There are brand new papers covering Business Environment and Business Awareness which will help build students’ commercial acumen
- There are no Synoptics for Q2022 Level 3 and 4 (unless studied under an apprenticeship where an EPA exam is still required)
- Subscriptions fees for Q2022 are per level rather than per annum
- If you are transitioning from AQ2016 to Q2022 – make sure your AQ2016 assessment passes qualify for Q2022 before switching over!
Want to find out more?
We have pulled all our Q2022 information together below, to help make your AAT journey easier. Just click on the buttons below to find out more!
Don’t miss a thing!